Monday, May 25, 2015

Backyard Progress

Jason has made a ton of progress on our backyard retaining wall!


Here is a picture from the same angle before he started.


Big difference, right?


This is the garden area.  Jason still has a bit more work to do.  He needs to cut some of the top caps so that they are more snug against each other, and he needs to put some gravel around the interior edges before he puts down sod.  The toughest part is that I hurt my back helping to move the first set of blocks, and I have had a hard time recovering.  I injured it more deeply this weekend and I couldn't get out of bed at all on Saturday.  I'm up walking around now, but I certainly can't help lift or anything.  Jason got sick this weekend too, and had to move this delivery of caps with a fever!  It is always something.



Both Grace and Clara love helping.


Clara is good at checking the level.


The peonies are blooming in the yard.


This is how Grace likes to pose for a picture.  She is pure goof ball.


3 comments: