Monday, February 3, 2014

8 Months Old!

Clara turned 8 months old today!


She doesn't like to be tied down.  We put her in the stander toy or the high chair and she will put up with it briefly, but what she really loves is to sit in front of the stainless fridge and laugh at herself!


I think she looks like me in this picture.  She is doing very well.  She wakes up at 7, goes to bed at 6, takes two naps a day and she has 8 teeth!  She beams from ear to ear when she hears singing or music; even Jason's warm up long tones make her grin!


Grace asks all the time for Clara to join her in her bed!  They giggle while Grace covers them with blankets,  plays peekaboo by running into the closet, or "reads" stories to her.  Right now, Grace's favorite book is Maybelle the Cable Car.  It is about the San Francisco cable cars and it is sooo long, but it is really cute too.  


She ate a couple bites of solid food yesterday for the first time!  We're really excited because we've been trying for months and she would always spit it out.  


Grace is Clara's biggest supporter.  She cheers her on and encourages her as she tries to crawl and do other things.


She still doesn't say "mama", but she says "Ga" or "Gay" all the time.  Today, Grace heard Clara calling for her and Grace called back, "I'll be there in a minute, Clara!"  They area already communicating! 


I can't believe she is 8 months old already!  Time is flying!

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing my girls soon.....they are growing up so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! That is so sweet, I just totally got a toothache. And then I got a bellyache from the cheesiness of that line. :D I love how much they love each other!

    ReplyDelete