Sunday, November 14, 2010

Making No Bones About It!

These are probably the last pictures I can scrape into a blog posting from our summer vacation. 
On our drive back home, we stopped at the Museum of the Rockies in Bozeman Montana.  They have a world famous collection of dinosaur fossils!
This is the world's largest Tyrannosaurus rex skull!  I never would have survived in prehistoric times, taking pictures all nonchalantly.  
Jason probably wouldn't survive either.  He is always complaining about his family's stubby fingers, and they are obviously no match! 
They also have the world's most complete Triceratops growth series.  I was honestly more impressed by this. They had a huge room devoted to the triceratops, and those things are big!  I think they really should get more star power than some of the other dinosaurs.  Whose favorite dinosaur is ever the triceratops?  I'm switching.  Sorry, brontosaurus! 
I thought this one was downright beautiful!  
This one lived to be very old because all his spikey things are worn down.  There is also probably the world's smallest triceratops there in the foreground.  Impressive! 
They also had captive researchers that you could watch.  Jason didn't want me to take this picture because he thought the flash would be distracting, but I took it anyway and they didn't react.  They're probably used to this paparazzi filled rock star lifestyle.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome pit stop! This museum looks like one in which I'd adore wandering around. And I LOVE your title, you nerd!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, I knew you'd get my archaic reference!

    ReplyDelete