Monday, October 11, 2010

Random Summer trip photos

I haven't posted for a while, so I thought I'd put up a few more pictures from our summer vacation.  
I adore the drive on highway 38 from Portland to Coos Bay!  It is so picturesque with river and forest views, and I couldn't resist snapping a few pictures to pass the time. 
I love the way the water was glittering that day.  
The drive to Coos Bay has a lot of neat bridges!  
Jon and Roberta took us on a road trip in their massive RV!  That is their Honda Element that is dwarfed in the background.  
I always forget how gorgeous Oregon is in between visits.  It really makes Nebraska pale in comparison!  Nebraska isn't bad, don't get me wrong, but honestly, there is no contest here.  You might think that you would get used to it living there, but both my parents and Jon and Roberta take full advantage of the beauty by taking frequent sojourns in their surroundings. 
I have forgotten the name of this lake.  We stopped here randomly on our RV trek, and we took a couple hours to walk around this lake and stretch our legs.  I love the craggy branches of this submerged tree.  
This is that same lake from a different angle.  The mountain in the background appears to be peeking sheepishly at me! 
Jason's Dad is always on the lookout for places suitable for swimming.  Here they are sharing a bonding moment.  (I used my telephoto for this one, Dad!)
Remy, Roberta and I preferred to watch from the beach.  
Something I always look forward to when visiting Jason's family in Coos Bay is barbecued oysters.  Marvel at their enormous size!  We like to dip them in garlic butter. 
This picture was taken back at my parent's beach at the end of our trip.  It is amazing how much the Oregon coast seems to change from day to day!  I just can't soak up enough of it when we visit. 

1 comment: