Monday, February 15, 2010

Day 157

I'm back!  I was in San Antonio last week, and unfortunately it rained the entire time.  While I was gone, Jason worked on the electrical in the kitchen.  And today, our countertops arrived! 
 We like how it has interesting swirls in it.  This picture also shows the outlets that Jason was able to install. 
We even have a nifty little spot for Jason to put his keys and charge his cell phone right next to the back door entrance. 

Here is the island.  I love how silky smooth it feels!  You are all going to have to come over soon so you can feel it in person!
Jason is beyond excited about using the kitchen.  He started installing the sink trap tonight.  My favorite dialog of the evening:  Jason: "Is there water gushing everywhere?" Rebecca:  "no..."  Jason: "You know what that means?  I did it right!" 
Jason enjoys using his soldering torch! 

3 comments:

  1. OMG, it looks like a KITCHEN! It's beautiful! Excellent choice of granite-- totally you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh. Things are moving along so quickly and nicely. I can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh la la...very snazzy Rebecca. I look foward to seeing it and checking out the granite in person! Sorry San Antonio was rainy and that we will miss you on the 27th for tea! :(

    ReplyDelete